Rectal candles for prostatitis and prostate adenoma
Modern medicine offers a wide range of medications for the treatment of prostatitis, and it should be said right away that prescribing medications in this case should be prescribed by an experienced doctor. There are special pills, injections and even microclysms for the course of treatment, but rectal candles for the treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma are particularly popular, which are able to block painful sensations and provide antibacterial effects.
Subtleties of the question
Usually men suffer from inflammatory processes in the prostate gland after the age of 40, but today it also happens that prostate inflammation begins to bother a man before the expected time, so it is worth knowing the specifics of treatment for every male representative.
Candles for the above-mentioned diseases are usually used as part of the complex therapy of the disease, usually in both acute and chronic inflammation of the prostate, treatment with rectal suppositories alone does not give high efficiency (the same can be said about prostate adenoma). This dosage form is used not only directly for the treatment of the disease, but also for effective prevention and prevention of relapses.
Candles as a form of drug administration and effect on the prostate gland have a number of undeniable advantages over injections and tablets:
- since the prostate gland is located very close to the walls of the rectum, the drug enters the affected organ as quickly as possible;
- the drug enters directly into the prostate, bypassing the gastrointestinal tract and liver, which minimizes the side effects inherent in many prostatitis medications;
- candles have much fewer contraindications compared to other dosage forms,
- they are easily used at home.
It is worth mentioning separately that the indications for the use of rectal candles for prostatitis and prostate adenoma are the same as for tablets and injections.
Using such drugs, it is possible to achieve greater efficiency, and both specialists AhealthyMan and patients themselves believe so. Candles have the form of a capsule, which contains a medicinal product. A distinctive feature of passing the treatment course from prostatitis by this method is the accelerated process of the spread and action of the drug due to the work of the blood vessels of the rectum. It has been proven that with rectal use of the drug, the drug, getting into the blood, almost does not change its original structure, unlike oral tablets, which makes this method of using the drug very effective.
Peptide preparations - nomenclature and features
It is very difficult to provide just a complete list of candles for prostate adenoma and prostate inflammation, because the drugs have their own characteristics and are divided into different groups. However, it is worth starting to discuss this group of medicines with bioregulatory peptide drugs, which, according to doctors, are used to treat inflammation and benign prostatic hyperplasia. Medicines help to improve blood circulation in the glandular organ, eliminate congestion, stop inflammatory processes, prevent tissue hyperplasia.
The basis of the composition of the drugs is an extract from the prostate of cattle, which helps to prevent the formation of blood clots, improve the quality of sperm and stabilize erectile function. And the most effective medicines of this segment are presented below.
- Vitaprost is a rather expensive drug, the daily dose of which is 1-2 suppositories per day, while the duration of the treatment course is 10 days.
- Vitaprost Plus the composition of this medication additionally includes the antibiotic lomefloxacin. The drug is usually used in the treatment of the bacterial form of prostatitis, and these candles for the treatment of prostate adenoma are usually not prescribed. The daily dose is 1 candle, the duration of drug therapy is selected strictly individually, taking into account the characteristics of the body.
- Prostatilen-Zinc the composition of the medicine includes not only prostate extract of cattle, but also vitamin E, zinc. The daily dose is 1-2 suppositories, the duration of treatment is 5-10 days.
The above candles can be used even for preventive purposes, but in this case it is necessary to reduce the daily dosage and shorten the duration of the treatment course. It is contraindicated to use them only for those men who have hypersensitivity to bovine prostate extract.
Discussing inexpensive and effective candles for prostate adenoma and prostate inflammation, special attention should be paid to painkillers and medications. During the exacerbation of diseases, a man has a pronounced pain syndrome, and the pain usually increases during urination and sexual contact, and for the purpose of relieving the syndrome, suppositories with pronounced anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects can be used. By the way, such funds will be especially useful for men who have had surgery to remove a benign prostate tumor, since pain in the perineum often occurs after surgical interventions.
- Diclofenac - the effect of the drug is aimed at deterring the attack of leukocytes on the focus of inflammation, while it significantly reduces pain and reduces swelling of the prostate gland. Additionally, it should be said that during treatment, the patient's heat dissipation increases due to the removal of inflammatory phenomena. Diclofenac helps to relieve spasm of the muscles of the pelvis and bladder, which greatly facilitates the patient's condition. The daily dose is 1-2 suppositories (50-100 mg), and the duration of treatment is no more than 5-7 days.
- Indomethacin - has a pronounced effect, which is why it should be taken into account when discussing effective candles for prostate adenoma. The drug is also contraindicated if the patient has a history of bronchial asthma, hypertension, allergies and renal and hepatic insufficiency. In addition, the doctor must correctly determine the dosage of the drug, since the negative effect on the patient's body increases even if it is slightly exceeded, which is why the medicine has far from the best reviews from doctors. Indomethacin candles are prescribed for acute forms of prostatitis, since they can relieve inflammation as quickly as possible, and it is also effective during exacerbation with bacterial prostatitis, since it strongly affects the pathogenic microflora. Candles are relatively inexpensive, and the duration of therapy is no more than a week.
- Voltaren - when injected into the rectum of men, they have a medicinal effect not only on the prostate gland, but also on the entire body as a whole. The instructions for the drug indicate that the maximum concentration of the drug when using suppositories is reached an hour after administration and remains so for 12 hours. The drug should be used strictly in accordance with the doctor's instructions, then it will not accumulate in the body and have a negative effect on other organs. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also used in the treatment of hemorrhoids in men, which is often a consequence of prostatitis, so candles from hemorrhoids with prostate adenoma in this case will coincide (it is Voltaren that can be used to treat two diseases at once, but treatment regimens and dosages for these diseases differ). The daily dosage is 100-150 mg (2-3 candles), and the duration of therapy is no more than 7 days.
The above medications can be used for pain relief even if prostate diseases are accompanied by other concomitant diseases, but with special care they are prescribed here for oncological diseases of the intestine. Analgesic candles should not be used for men suffering from proctitis and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract.
Talking about candles for prostatitis and prostate adenoma, it is worth noting separately inexpensive and effective herbal preparations. They will be useful not only for benign hyperplasia, but also for inflammatory diseases of the prostate gland.Natural drugs are good because they rarely cause side effects and have a small number of contraindications. In addition, such medicines are allowed to be used for preventive purposes, and their undoubted advantages include a low price. The most effective medicines of this group are presented below.
- Prostopin is a medicinal product, the active components of which are propolis, perga, apilac, honey, flower pollen. Due to its pronounced anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiproliferative and anti-ischemic properties, it has found wide application in the therapy of prostatopathies of various genesis. It suppresses the action of androgens and estrogens, which prevents hyperplasia of healthy prostate tissues. Improves detrusor function, normalizes the process of urination, suppresses the proliferation of pathological hyperplastic prostate cells, exerting a cytostatic effect on them. The optimal dosage is 1 candle per day, and the duration of treatment is 15-30 days.
- It kills germs, eliminates various signs and symptoms of inflammation, such as redness, swelling, pain, and so on, and also increases potency and serves as an excellent prevention of the development of erection problems in the future. The duration of treatment lasts up to one month, but the doctor prescribes it.